Thursday, September 01, 2011

temporary tattoos.

Back in July, Joanna blogged about Tattly, a company that makes "designy temporary tattoos." I rediscovered the fun tattoos on Monday, when Gabrielle blogged about them, and a happy memory came to mind.

My parents split up when I was quite young and my dad is a transport truck driver so I didn't get to see him very often. Whenever I got a temporary tattoo, which were so cool back then, I absolutely had to wait until my dad was home so that he could help me put it on. I was convinced that he was better than my mom at applying them. (Maybe because he had real tattoos?) I remember standing on a stool at the sink, my dad holding a wet cloth against the tattoo on my skin. I can almost feel the pressure on my arm right now. I was always so excited when my new "ink" was revealed!

Isn't it wonderful when "forgotten" memories resurface out of the blue?

I love all of the quirky designs, but I think this one is my favourite:

1 comment:

  1. I love when "forgotten" memories resurface out of the blue. ♥ ♥

    Thanks for your comment on *boop*boop*. Good luck starting your B.Ed and I wish you a happy journey to your classroom.
    If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

    xoxo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...