Wednesday, September 14, 2011

not everyone has superpowers.

While I was grocery shopping the other day, I saw a mom and her little boy. He was dressed in Iron Man pyjamas and was running around, dodging other shoppers. He almost collided into someone and his mom sweetly said, "Stop running. Remember, not everyone has superpowers like you."

I thought that was so cute. Imagination is a powerful thing. 

Someday I hope to be the kind of mom who will let her children wear fun pyjamas or costumes and imagine they have superpowers. 

3 comments:

  1. I think that's awesome. And I think that you certainly will be that kind of mom...you notice these things and you aren't yet a mama, but your mind embraces and holds on to those moments as important. I believe that's a good indication of what you value and who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kind words made me smile :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she 'corrected' her child's behaviour without squashing his joy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...