Tuesday, October 25, 2011

new favourite song.

On Saturday night, I wrote the following on my friend's Facebook wall:

"Please send me an inspirational message. I need one right now. If we [still lived together], I'd stumble down to your room, collapse on your bed, and whine about school work. You'd give me a pep talk, I'd tell you I love you and thank you and then I'd stumble back to my room to pull an all-nighter."

Cara came through for me, just as I knew she would. (How lucky am I to have a friend that will inspire me on demand?!) In no time at all, she sent me a message with lyrics from The Weepies' "Can't Go Back Now." She also posted a link to the music video on my wall.


The lyrics and her words were exactly what I needed to pull my socks up and put on a smile.

"You know there will be days
When you're so tired
That you can't take another step,
The night will have no stars
And you'll think you've gone as far
As you will ever get

You and me walk on, walk on, walk on
'Cause [we] can't go back now.

And yeah, yeah, you go where you want to go
Be what you want to be,
If you ever turn around, you'll see me."

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post.

    Cara, you're a pretty special person. We are so lucky to have you in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me miss my old college roommate. it was so the same way with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa - We're so, so lucky!

    Arizona Russums - I don't know about you, but I'm so thankful for technology! Now that I don't live with some of my best friends, I think I'd be lost without it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...