Thursday, March 15, 2012

snow day.

Yesterday was a snow day in my school district, which is even better than a sick day because you can enjoy the time away from work without feeling guilty or, you know, sick. I thoroughly enjoyed the day, and went to bed wondering why snow days seem to pass so much more quickly than work days. 


I woke up to my alarm at 5:15 AM and was showered and getting dressed by the time school was officially cancelled. I didn't mind though. I made myself a smoothie and headed back to bed, where I began reading Jodi Picoult's new novel, Lone Wolf. I then went back to sleep, and didn't wake up until 3 and a half hours later! Seems like these early mornings are getting to me. 

Upon waking, I curled up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of tea. Feeling cozy and comfortable (and a little bit lazy compared to the characters I was watching), I watched an episode of The West Wing. Two of my roommates watched it with me and I think they began to understand why I get so into it. 

In the afternoon, Melissa and I went to Starbucks, where I read blogs and sipped a caramel apple spice. Afterwards, we went to Relish and tried their feature of the week ("The Irish Pickle" -- deep fried pickle, mozzarella cheese, sauteed mushrooms, and back bacon). Simple pleasures, but they felt so indulgent for a Wednesday afternoon and evening. 

The rest of the day was spent watching Gilmore Girls, reading, and having a quick visit with my friend, Emily. 

I'm happy spring is on its way, but I'll sure miss the possibility of guilt-free days off. 

(Note: The blog pictured above is Marta Writes, written by the wonderful Marta Dansie. She writes beautifully, making everyday life pop. Her blog is one of my absolute favourites; I look forward to devouring each of her posts.) 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good snow day to me!

    How was the deep fried pickle? When I hear that Im embarrassed to say I always think of Snooki because she loves them, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. relish sounds delish !! & there are quite a few locations near me - must check it out. I often crave a good burger & fries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - The deep fried dill pickle was delicious!

    Susan - If you have a chance to eat at Relish you should!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...