Wednesday, September 05, 2012

small victories.

I've always appreciated the small things in life. It's one of the things I like most about myself. And I find myself enjoying, celebrating even, the small things here in China even more. I've been calling them small victories.




My small victories have included: 

+ Finding Starbucks just a short walk away. 

+ Buying a polka dot mug similar to my favourite mug at home.

+ Stumbling upon a Cold Stone Creamery when I was hot, sweaty, and tired. 

+ Figuring out how to get wireless internet. 

+ Stealing my neighbour's internet when mine won't work. (Don't worry; he knows.)

+ Doing not one, but two loads of laundry. 

+ A hot shower. 

+ Figuring out how to keep the detachable shower head from falling on my head. 

+ Straightening my hair for the first time since I left home. 

+ Being able to curl up on my couch with a soft blanket. 

+ Leftovers.

+ Figuring out that the milk and yogurt here is good. 

I think that when so much is new and different, the small things matter more. Here's to small victories!

What small victories are you celebrating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...