Wednesday, August 07, 2013

where has the magic gone?

Objects in photo are less magical than they appear.

We grow up and things change. What once seemed magical, doesn't anymore. What was once exciting, isn't anymore.

I thought I was the kind of person who could find magic anywhere. Who could get excited by anything. (Honestly, I still think I might be, just that the part of me is hiding right now.) I'm still a happy person. Most of the time. I'm just feeling... disenchanted. Bored. Uninterested. In so. many. things.

This summer has been wonderful. It's been a welcome break from work, from city life. A chance to spend time with friends and family. A chance to be REALLY introspective. Maybe too much so.

It's also been a struggle. (Maybe partly because of the introspection.)

I've had a case of the blahs.

I don't feel (haven't felt) like doing much. I haven't been tweeting/blogging/instagramming as much as I once did. I still want to. And yet, I don't. Want to, that is.

I haven't been reading blogs as much as I did before. Haven't been reading as many books as before. Watching as much TV. Hanging out with as many friends.

But life still feels good most of the time.

Some things have just been more difficult to appreciate. I don't know...

I need a jumpstart. A boost. A kick in the butt.

Maybe I'm suffering from a long case of ennui?

Sorry for the brain dump, folks. The thing is, I want to be blogging more. So I thought, maybe I should just do it. Write. Even if this is what it is.

1 comment:

  1. "I wanted to do something, anything, but I didn't know what to do. So I did this. This is my something."
    -Jason Watt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...