Tuesday, October 28, 2014

week in the life / monday.

I decided to participate in Ali Edward's Week In The Life project this year. It's my first time! You can follow along through the day on Instagram, but I plan on sharing details from each day here on the blog. We'll see if I keep it up. 

Here's Monday: 

week in the life: monday

I usually set my alarm for anywhere between 5:30 and 6AM because I don't like having to rush around in the morning. I like to lay in bed for a little while after I wake up, checking emails, Instagram, Facebook, etc. (I know, I know. Not healthy.)

Monday morning, I woke up off and on from 4:30 until 5:50AM with a bad headache. Luckily it went away after a couple hours. 

week in the life: monday

I usually dry my hair sitting on the bed. Lazy much? (It's just so cozy since we got a new mattress pad!) And it only takes about 5 minutes to dry my hair since I bought a new hair dryer!

week in the life: monday

I get to work every morning around 7:45AM and unpack my bag and "prepare" my desk: laptop plugged in & hooked up to the SMARTBoard, planner and lesson plan ready, coffee close by. 

week in the life: monday

We've been doing a Letter of the Week craft every Monday and the kids love it! This week was... you guessed it! A frog!

week in the life: monday

I started playing Halloween music for the kids while they're working this week. It's so cute to see them dancing while colouring, writing, etc. I love hearing them laugh and sing and I'm so impressed that they still work the entire time. 

week in the life: monday

When Tony and I don't have leftovers to eat for lunch, we'll sometimes go to Subway across the street. It's not quite the same as back home, but still good. No chicken bacon ranch, though :(

week in the life: monday

The kids laughed and laughed when we "made" jack o'lanterns on Starfall

week in the life: monday

My skin has been so bad this past week. I'm chalking it up to pollution and hormones. Ugh.

week in the life: monday

Tony and I decided to head to Sanlitun to meet friends for dinner (2-for-1 burgers and 2-for-1 drinks at Blue Frog!) and traffic was crazy. Our entire street was blocked by traffic. We walked about halfway before finally getting a cab. 

week in the life: monday

Cab fare starts at 13RMB. Pretty cheap!

week in the life: monday

I ordered a Blue Frog Kir (sparkling wine + black currant syrup), so good. Melissa, Tony, and I finished the night with massages at the Phoenix. I had a one hour oil tea tree oil massage. Bliss. I fell asleep twice. And I have a couple bruises on my back. Oops. But my shoulder didn't hurt today! (It's been killing me lately. Almost to the point of tears. Slash, I think I have actually cried a couple times.)

(All photos are unedited, straight from my iPhone.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good day (apart from the headache)- especially for a Monday. Loved getting a peek in your school :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...