Saturday, November 01, 2014

week in the life / friday.

week in the life / friday

We pay our ayi (literal translation is "aunt," but I'm talking about our cleaning lady) on the last Friday of every month. We pay her 70RMB a week, so this month's total was 350RMB. We just leave the money on the counter for her.

week in the life / friday

My weekday morning routine of getting ready for work + podcast + coffee. I listen to the newest episode of Serial every Friday morning lately. 

week in the life / friday

This Friday was Halloween! I ordered a costume from Taobao this year (a Chinese shopping website). Well, Tony ordered it for me. Most of my boys are obsessed with superheroes, so I thought they'd love this. And they did. 

But. One of my girls cried when she saw me because she was scared. I got yelled at by an elementary boy because I wasn't wearing "Batman boots" and I got yelled at by another boy because, "You can't be Batman! You're a girl!" Hilarious. 

But overall, the costume was a big hit.

week in the life / friday

Halloween is exhausting! I came home and laid on my bed. To get this photo, I set the timer and then just fell asleep. When I woke up, I looked at what I got. 

One of my friends used to tease me because I always had to sleep with one arm above my head. I don't do that all the time anymore, but it's still one of the most comfortable ways for me to sleep. 

Another note: Fridays are the only day we don't make the bed. You'll see why when you keep scrolling. (One of the reasons I liked Tony when we first started dating is because he made the bed every day, without ever being asked or even knowing I usually did haha)

week in the life / friday

We played Halloween BINGO with the kids. It took them a long time to catch on, but when they did, they had a lot of fun! At the end of the day, I asked one of my boys what his favourite part of the day was, thinking he'd for sure say trick or treating. Nope, "Playing BINGO!" 

week in the life / friday

This. This is why we don't make the bed on Fridays. Our ayi is the bomb(!) at bed-making. There was one Friday that I came home at lunch and Tony had made the bed before the ayi came; I unmade it. I just wanted her to make it! Coming home to a clean apartment after work on Friday is the highlight of my week. 

Happy (belated) Halloween!

(I'm participating in Ali Edward's Week in the Life. Follow along on Instagram. Here's Thursday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...