Tuesday, November 22, 2011

happy birthday, Dad!


Today is my dad's birthday! I don't get to see him very often, but I think about him all the time. Here are just a few reasons why he is the best

He let me use the umbrella on graduation day; hence the soaked shirt. 

He has great taste in movies. He's the one who let me stay up late to watch The Breakfast Club for the first time. He's also the one who introduced me to The Shawshank Redemption and Uncle Buck. (Side note: I'm fairly certain that my dear dad took his parenting style from Buck :)

He gave me an appreciation for tattoos (temporary and real) and what they could mean. 

He taught me to express myself and to not worry about what others think. 

He taught me to "walk this way," even in grocery stores. (Especially in grocery stores.)

He played catch with me. 

Soccer, too.  

He watched Big Brother with me and rooted for Evil Dick. 

He always comes through. 

He taught me the importance of a good bike. 

Because of him, I know what it's like to sit high in an eighteen wheeler. 

Because of him, I love the smell of diesel. 

He taught me to love the Oak Ridge Boys and Waylon Jennings. 

I know that I'll always be Daddy's Girl

Dad, I love you more than you know. Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...